The Bermuda Volleyball Association, National Team Committee, is looking for certified coaches for the following five National Teams. Each position is for a 2 year term, commencing October 1, 2015 (or earlier) and concluding September 30, 2017.
- Junior girls (U18)
- Junior boys (U18)
- Senior women
- Senior men
- Combined men & women beach
Duties & responsibilities of any National Team Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Development of season plan including regular practice schedule and tournaments.
- Assess player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Selects assistant coaches and assigns duties as necessary.
- Selects team manager and assigns duties as necessary.
- Conferences with parents / guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their child.
- Work with the National Team Committee on scheduling of facilities, preparations for overseas tournaments, etc.
- Models sport-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media and other organizations.
- Full compliance with all National Team Committee Policies and Code of Conduct.
- Attends National Team Committee meetings.
Successful applicants must possess:
- A minimum of a Level 1 recognized coaching certification (or willingness to obtain such at the beginning of your term).
- Some experience as a volleyball coach or assistant coach at the high school, college or national team level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with National Team Committee, parents, and players.
All positions are on a volunteer basis, with coaches’ costs covered by the National Team Program for all overseas travel.
Email applications should be addressed in confidence to:
National Team Chair Bermuda Volleyball Association
Closing date: Wednesday, July 29, 2015
DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENT: